Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dhiraagu Amaa Handhaanvun


Im sure alot of my friends would hear me say whenever the fone is cut or if we have network failure "it wasnt ur fone's prob. ei dhiraagu amaa handhaanvee". Heres the story behind it

Long time ago when kaiza shozey was operated and admitted in igmh for the first time, my friends used to come all the time. they even did the midnight duty and made it so easy for my parents. thank u guys so much. u guys are the best.

One night when there were alot of network failure, a friend came to igmh like the previous days and tried calling my fone to no avail. so he came in used the hospital line and called my room. My DAD picked up the fone. (everyone says that my voice and my dads voice is basically the same. even my dads family members would talk to me on my house fone as if i was my dad without noticing any difference).

So my friend starts complaining why im not picking up my mobile. my dad says that the phone might have been on silent. and my friend goes "kaley fone massalaeh noon eikee eh. eulheny dhiraagu amaa handhaan vegen" (hmnmmm, how do i translate that? it wont make any sense if translated but its a phrase used in maldives as an insult u might say referring to one thinking of his mother at the most unlikely of times. damn, that really does sound silly. lol)

So neways my friend hangs up and comes to my room. and to his amazement im asleep. he thinks "damn he went to sleep quickly". jes as my friend steps inside my dad goes "sorry, he was asleep so i took the fone when u called". the guy stands frozen not knowing what to say. he couldnt believe he had said that to my DAD of all ppl. he couldnt decide to turn around and run away or to even step inside. the rest of my friends soon went over and brought him in. hehe. i was laughing my arse off when i heard if what happene when i woke up. hehe. so after that way whenever we have a network problem we'd say "Dhiraagu amaa handhaan vanee". :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol dat phrase never gets old..:p thanx to u guys maves miharu ehen kiyey habeyhah..raajjen beyruga ulhemunves dhiraagaa behevey lol

iecco said...

haha lol that is so funny! amaa handhan vee is really a famous word now but sometimes i have to rephrase that if i wanna say that nicely like 'dhiraagu mummy handhan vanee' :D

yaittey said...

yeah! mummy handhaan vaningz!

dhen ekkala ur friend dho! pakaaas! ma namainunves fitheyne ingey! hehe

Ameer said...

Poor guy! hehe

I-kko, ur rephrase is really funny and kinda nice too.

odium said...

haha...bodu kameh...mummy remembrance dho :D

Anonymous said...

odium... Mother Remembering eyy... Hehehe...
Us lot hav a whole load of rephrases for common slangs to make it nicer...
Hehhe...
its funnier i think...

Phenol said...

hggh, i remember that nite

shweetikle said...

hehe lol
manamaves...kada vaane =p

WritingsForLife said...

i again wish that you would give some translation of ur language... it screws up the whole point of the post. I cant get half of it. :(

kaiza shozey said...

sorry raaji. i DID try to translate it "(hmnmmm, how do i translate that? it wont make any sense if translated but its a phrase used in maldives as an insult u might say referring to 'one thinking of his mother at the most unlikely of times'. damn, that really does sound silly. lol)" and yea, 'dhiraagu' is a mobile station's name here in maldives. we have lots o network problems with that network. and 'amaa handhaanvun' is well...'getting reminded of ur mom'. its sumthing used kinda like an insult.