Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why do I believe in God (1 of 2)


Firstly as to why im writing on this topic, the blogger ‘KONCHEKEY’ had commented on a previous post of mine saying : "answer me this.. better yet write a post about it
forget about the prophets, forget about the books, forget about the after life "y do U believe in god?"
(also dont talk about islam in it, thats for the next question)"

I dunno if this is somehow to show just how stupid he thinks someone believing in islam is or not but lets see how it goes.

I was born to a muslim family and obviously since birth they’ve tried to implement our religion onto me. I still remember being curious and asking my dad all sorts of questions about god n all. He was really helpful but nevertheless my questions never ceased. To be honest as I was growing up I just took the easy way and believed whatever my parents told me naturally. But the more I learnt at school, from parents and my own personal experience while growing up I felt more assured. Though ive come across people saying that this world has come about by chance….randomly.

By the time I finished my O’Ls n so I had gained enough knowledge to decide for myself whether if the basics of what I believe in is TO ME, right or wrong. Luckily I did science and those who have knows all the stuff that we were taught about the very BASIC fundamentals of how our bodies work and not to mention the very basic principles of physics. Never liked chemistry(whistle whistle). And I think we’ve all seen our share of National Geographic Channel as well. Hehe. It makes you wonder. Why does our parents believe that there is a god that we cannot see. So many religions in the world. We as muslims say that the others are mislead. Wont they be saying the same thing about us? It makes one wonder. Here are some of the things which contributed to the decision I came to about the issue “is there a god? Or are we here by random choice?”. The same way as people gamble?

Heres a very simple example that most of you probably have heard by now. Take 10 marbles and number them 1-10. Put all the marbles in a bag and shake them up. Now without looking take out the marble with the number 1. And then marble number 2 and so on. In that order. Its just 10 marbles right? No big deal. So what do you think the chances are to pull out all the ten marbles in that order? Anyone done probability? The chances are 26 MILLION to one. Hard to believe? Try it for yourself. Use the calculators. And that’s the chance of picking out JUST ten marbles in order.

Another example which I hope u’ve heard of before. The very earth we live on is ONE of nine or so planets that revolves around our sun. This sun which gives light, etc is ONE star which is apparently one of the smaller stars in our galaxy the Milky way. Now the Milkyway is apparently one of the smaller galaxies in the Nebula called Andromeda. And this Andromeda in itself has millions of galaxies like the Milkyway. There are literally countless number of clusters of galaxies that have been PREDICTED by the scientists of today.

No comments: